The Covid-19 pandemic, although unfortunate for us humans, but it has boosted the value of digital technology. It has given a new dimension to learning & teaching. Educational institutions, organizations, and businesses have quickly adopted the new, exciting method of sharing information and educating.
The online teaching sessions may have been tough initially, but the availability of various innovative online programs has facilitated teachers, trainers, and educators’ efforts.
Today, classroom training sessions, whether they are for schools, colleges, or businesses, are nowhere in sight. The same rule applies to train salespeople too. Even before the pandemic struck, online training of salespeople existed, but the uncertainty of driving performance and results hovered among businesses. Even today, corporations prefer classroom training over online sessions, but the trend is changing.
Businesses are switching over from classroom training to digital training sessions, especially for their sales team. Investments in online sales training programs or virtual sales training are increasing, while the alternative of classroom training takes a backseat. Many enterprises are witnessing benefits from in-house online training programs, while few are funding in online sales training courses.
In a rapidly changing sales world, investment in sales training is vital to improve the team’s knowledge, productivity, and overall selling skills.
So, why does online sales training work better than in the classroom? Let us check out some of the benefits.
- Cost-Effective: E-training reduces travel, accommodation, and other expenses because the sales personnel learns from the office or home. More importantly, the learning is flexible so that team members can adjust their training around work commitments and at a suitable pace.
- Logistics: Coordination of trainers and trainees to be present at the same place & time is a limitation of classroom training. Online training eliminates this limitation, as all members can participate at the same time. Plus, participants can adjust work schedules with the training sessions.
- Flexibility: One of the best benefits. Salespeople can access their courses at any time, anywhere. Team members on the move can attend classes no matter their work schedule; all they need is a computer and internet access to undertake their classes.
- Accessibility: Yet another advantage. Online sales training is accessible for members whenever they need it. They can review lectures, discussions, explanations, and comments. They can also complete relevant exercises and even share notes to facilitate community learning.
- Repetition: Unlike classroom-based sales training, online training courses can be viewed more than once without additional charges. Information missed the first time by personnel undertaking the course can be obtained by going back and repeating the course online.
- Ownership: One of the top perks of online sales training – salespeople take ownership of their skill improvement. The combination of mandated sales training & online sales training complements and reinforces the learning path of salespeople to become a successful salesperson.
While traditional classroom-based instructor-led training sessions are here to stay, online training has set the trend for the future. The gains are compelling for companies and individual salespeople who want to learn, grow and prosper.